We want to add an IOU L2 Switch image on GNS3. For this, after clicking “New IOU device template“, we select an image from the “Browse” button. In the “Type” section, we choose “L2 image“. After clicking the “Finish” button, I get the error “License section not found in iourc file /tmp/tmpe_pho577/iourc“. When I wanted to add an IOU L2 Switch image on GNS3, I got the following license error.
When I checked the license, I realized there was no license key.
1- To solve the problem, we access the shell of your virtual machine.
2. Download the Keygen using the following command.
3. After download, run the following command to generate the license.
4. After running this command, a file called iourc.txt will be created.
5. Copy and paste the license key in the file to the Preference> IOS on the UNIX section of GNS3.
6. Finally, everything is green😀!!!