Before trying to install the Bash shell on Windows 10, your computer needs to run 64 bits and Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- You can display by
2. You must activate Windows developer mode by
Settings/Update & security/For Developers and select the Developer mode.
3. After install Developer mode you need to restart your computer.
4. You can enable Linux feature by entering the following command in Windows PowerShell
”Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux“
5. After restarting your system, you can run Bash,
Open a Windows Command Prompt (CMD) and type bash.
6. Then you’ll need to create a default UNIX user account. This account doesn’t have to be the same as your Windows account. Enter the username in the required field and press Enter.
7. After the installation is complete, you will have an Ubuntu-based Linux shell. To open the shell, type bash on the Start menu and launch the Bash on Ubuntu on Windows.